Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Canning: bruschetta


I have an extraordinary amount of tomatoes and jalapenos sitting in my house and since I bought the new Ball Canning book while I was in Montana, I thought I would try a few of their recipes out. 

Canned Bruschetta
Adapeted from Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving
(makes 8 - 8 oz jars)

9 cups of roma tomatoes, diced
1 cup white wine
1 cup white wine vinegar
5 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chopped basil
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup of water


1. Sterilize your jars

2. Place ingredients into stew pan and bring to a boil.   Cook for five minutes.

3. Fill jars leaving 1/2 inch head space, remove all bubbles and placed lids on jars.

4. Process jars in hot water bath for 20 minutes.

I will let you all know what it tastes like in a few weeks.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by from BYW class. It's hard to believe it's almost over. The past few weeks have just flown by. I'll be interested in hearing how your bruschetta turns out. If it's extra delicious, we'll have to stop by the next time we're up north. ;-)

    Julie @ Knittlebits

    ReplyDelete