Friday, June 4, 2010

May 2010: Mixed Tape - Covers

Inara George and Greg Kurstin - Bird and The Bee
photo from Daily Beatz

So... I am a little late with my May Mixed Tape post... I am blaming Maria & The Diamonds who distracted me for two weeks listening non-stop to her new album... go get it already.

May's Mixed tape is a collection of covers, which started because last month I fell in love with Florence & The Machine's Cover of  Robert Palmer's, Addicted to Love.   Sadly, I soon discovered that it was an import and not yet available in the US (at least not in the download-able format).   Listen to it here -



You can also listen to a impromptu remake of Borderline...



But, I didn't let the Florence and The Machine debacle derail my plans... I continued the quest for covers.   Lucky, I stumbled across the Bird and the Bee's - Remake of the Masters Volume I (Tribute to Daryl Hall and John Oates).   Now I am not sure if I would call Hall and Oates the Masters but I do love Private Eyes (probably because of the incessant clapping) and I will admit, I had a hard time choosing which song to include.   In the end I chose Maneater, of course.   I am also excited about the Volume I implication that there is more to come.  I personally hope that they do Def Leppard...Ooooh or how about Loverboy.   Go Inara... I love the children of the 80's, re-working all of the muck we had to listen to as teens so we can now play it during dinner parties.

One other delight... AC Newman's A-Ha cover.

May 2010 -  Mixed Tape: Covers

Strange Condition - Morgan Page
Maneater - The Bird and The Bee
Heartless - The Fray
Yellow - Jem
Take on Me - AC Newman
All You Need is Love - Nada Surf
Girls Just Want to Have Fun - StarFuc#er
First of the Gang - Zee Avi
The One I Love - Rosie Thomas
Just Like Honey - Headless Heroes
Sweet Child o' Mine - Taken by Trees
Rock the Casbah - Solar Twins
Hot in Herre - Jenny Owens Young







No comments:

Post a Comment