Thursday, February 4, 2010

Phoenician Kabob aka dinner with Pikas


So, I am lucky.   I live in a town with one of my dearest high school friends, which may to many of you not sound like that big of a feat.   But, it is because we both went to a boarding school about 500 miles away.   I don't get to see her that often (even though we live about 5 miles from each other) because she has recently gone back to school to get her masters degree.   Pikas is a lovely individual to be around, she is: positive, creative and funny... plus she gets me, I guess that is what knowing each other for 25 years will do.  

Last night we had dinner at the Phoenician Kebab.   And I must say, including the company it was a PERFECT dining experience.   I happen to love middle eastern and mediterranean food, it is my favorite.   So the worst part of the evening was actually having to decide on what to eat.   I had the Sultans Combo - Gyros, chicken, falafel, hummus, baba gannouj, tabbouleh and stuffed grape leaves - which they should rename as Sultans Delight.   This meal pretty much encompassed everything that is declicious and right with this resturant... even the stuffed grape leaves were homemade.  

One other fantastic part of the evening was the owner's wife, the lovely school teacher Victoria, spoke with us numerous times to make sure our meal was delicious and to even tell us what was in their lovely garlic sauce, which Heather and I had been debating the contents of for at least 10 minutes.    Victoria also took down our email addresses and promised to email their specials to us. 

This is a not-to-be-missed resturant that I fear is being overlooked on this Denver dining scene because of its location.

No comments:

Post a Comment