Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine Weekend




Wow! Sometimes there are weekends you don’t want to end… this was one of them. On Friday night Mac and I met up with some friends to eat at a (new to me) restaurant called Steakhouse 10. It is a non-chain steakhouse with many Greek items on the menu and wine list. The restaurant was delicious and a nice change from the chain steakhouse.  I was especially fond of the flaming Kasseri cheese (Saganaki) and escargot on the appetizer menu; and the not to be forgotten Colorado lamb on the entrée menu. Absolutely delicious.

Saturday night we attended a party thrown in honor of our engagement. It was one of the best parties I have ever attended. Delicious food, wonderful company it was such a great time.   I got to see some friends I haven't seen in a while and just enjoyed the limelight for a bit.    (I am not so good with the limelight).

Sunday I went to a movie as I am still trying to catch up on my Oscar Nominated movie list, this week I watched - An Education. Good movie, fantastic clothes.   I did struggle through the movie because I thought Carrie Mulligan looked so much like Katie Holmes that it was distracting.

Monday, I caught up on all the Olympic activities and worked on taping and mudding my bathroom walls and pulling up some of the tiles we cracked when installing the cast iron tub - I really need to finish this remodel.   

As an added bonus, my Christmas amaryllis finally bloomed… both of them! I thought it was a lovely valentine.

P.S. I think I could watch snowboard cross for hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment